SP Paper 224 (Web Only)
11th Report, 2012 (Session 4)
Remit and membership
To consider and report on a) the financing and delivery of local government and local services, and b) planning, and c) matters relating to regeneration falling within the responsibility of the Cabinet Secretary for Infrastructure and Capital Investment.
Kevin Stewart (Convener)
John Wilson (Deputy Convener)
Committee Clerking Team:
Clerk to the Committee
Senior Assistant Clerk
The Committee reports to the Parliament as follows—
Scottish Local Government Elections Amendment (No.2) Order 2012 (SSI/2012/draft)
1. The Scottish Local Government Elections Amendment (No.2) Order 2012 (SSI/2012/draft) was laid before the Parliament on 31 October 2012. The instrument is subject to the affirmative procedure.
2. This Order amends the Scottish Local Government Elections Order 2011 (SSI/2011/399) to provide for the publication of information about voting sequences by ward at local government elections (including local government by-elections). This information is to be published as part of the declaration of the result.
3. At its meeting on 28 November 2012, Committee considered the instrument. The Committee took evidence on the instrument from the Minister for Local Government and Planning.
4. The Committee noted that the Subordinate Legislation Committee made no comments in relation to this instrument.
5. Derek Mackay MSP (Minister for Local Government and Planning), moved motion S4M-04946—
That the Local Government and Regeneration Committee recommends that the Scottish Local Government Elections Amendment (No.2) Order 2012 (SSI/2012/draft) be approved.
6. The motion was agreed to.
Back to top