SP Paper 374 (Web Only)
7th Report, 2013 (Session 4)
Remit and membership
To consider and report on health policy, the NHS in Scotland, anti poverty measures, equalities, sport and other matters falling within the responsibility of the Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Cities Strategy apart from those covered by the remit of the Economy, Energy and Tourism Committee.
Bob Doris (Deputy Convener)
Duncan McNeil (Convener)
Dr Richard Simpson
Committee Clerking Team:
Clerk to the Committee
Senior Assistant Clerk
The Committee reports to the Parliament as follows—
1. Registration of Social Workers and Social Service Workers in Care Services (Scotland) Regulations 2013 [draft] was laid before the Parliament on 31 May 2013. The instrument is subject to the affirmative procedure.
2. The Regulations amend and consolidate the Regulation of Care (Fitness of Employees in Relation to Care Services) (Scotland) (No. 2) Regulations 2009 (“the 2009 Regulations”). These Regulations impose requirements on care service providers and Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland (“SCSWIS”) as regards the social workers and social service workers they employ.
3. At its 22nd meeting 2013, held on 25 June, the Health and Sport Committee considered the Regulations.
4. The Committee noted that the Delegated Powers and Law Reform Committee had not made any comments on the instrument.
5. The Committee took evidence on the instrument from the Minister for Children and Young People.
6. The Minister moved motion S4M-07083—
That the Health and Sport Committee recommends that the Registration of Social Workers and Social Service Workers in Care Services (Scotland) Regulations 2013 [draft] be approved.
7. The motion was agreed to.
Back to top