The Committee examined the spending decisions made and outcomes delivered by some of the key bodies within its remit.
Five separate meetings were held with these bodies in autumn 2015.
Click on the following links for more information on each of the evidence sessions:
The Committee wrote to the five bodies to invite them to submit written information in advance of providing oral evidence:
Generic issues raised with all five organisations (121KB pdf)
In addition, we directed some specific questions to each organisation and these are included at the individual links above.
The purpose of the evidence sessions was to allow the Committee to:
- understand the added value that each body provides;
- question the progress they are making on their key strategic objectives;
- understand how transparent they are in evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of their work;
- question how they contribute to the Scottish Government’s National Performance Framework; and
- potentially consider whether, for example, their funding levels or key strategic objectives should be altered.